Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Teensy Bit Better today...

and I mean teensy, but hell, I'll take what I can get at the moment! Found that I could navigate the house without the cane today as I feel a little bit stronger after having had the procrit shot for my low reds yesterday. I was really wracking my brain to figure out HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH, could I make myself start feeling better. That's the frustrating thing....it had to be a medical intervention, that I had no control over. I do believe the shot helped to kick start the reds to start working....wonder if they have a portable thingie to plug mself into when I start feeling shitty? I know my body well enough to know when something is happening and it definitely was, as proven that the shot has made me feel a bit better today. Even threw in 2 loads of laundry today...woo hoo. Dang....I'm not asking much am I, when all I'd like is enough energy to do some simple household tasks right now? I still don't know if I'll be starting on Velcade tomorrow or or not, since I'm not up to par. Have appt at 10.45 am tomorrow, so I'll pack a little "chemo bag", just in case I do. Chemo bag contents: small blankie (it's cold in infusion room)....my I-Pod, 2 magazines, the morning paper, a book and some small snacks, esp since my weight yesterday was 92! Isn't that pathetic? I must look like skeletor. I'm not sure it was the right weight anyway as I wasn't paying attention when she weighed me (and kind of got a ditzy girl I rarely get) and to lose 2 1/2 pounds in 5 days seems a bit much, so I'll pay attention tomorrow and see where that is too. Added 2 Boosts to my daily regime (gosh they are filling), but I gotta pack on some weight as that too can become a detriment to healing if my weight gets too low. Sheesh....anytime, anyone wants to stop the merry-go-round, (or even slow it down), I promise to get off :)

2 comments:

Kim, denese and kd dog said...

Jan,

Thinking of you and praying lots and lots for strength and health. Your "little thingy" you want to plug into is always there for you. it's GOD!

Love you, thanks for keeping us all informed.

denese P

Susan said...

I agree,,God is what we need to plug into..with HIm all things are possible. Glad to hear that you are feeling a teeny tiny bit better. Hang in there. Praying for you..