Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nothing Particular Buzzing Around.......

in this little chemo brain of mine today. :) That can be a very good thing! The mindless wanderings, do take me to places, of course, but I am using my powers of choice to allow them to flit in and then flit out as quickly as they occur. When something I want to expand on, pops into my brain, I keep a little notebook nearby and jot down what the topic was, to come back to, at a later date. Alot of it may have to do with the wave (mini-Tsunami?) of fatigue that seems to have settled in over the last 4 or so days. Not to be compared with the pre-BMT fatigue I experienced after having been on chemo (Revlamid) for 14 months. During that time, to change positions in the bed required an Act of Congress (and we know how swiftly THEY tend to make decisions), so it's nothing along those lines at all, just an over-all pervasive feeling of being dog ass tired. (wonder who made up that phrase?.......and NO....NOT something I will expand on at a later date....LOL) I have though, in the last few weeks, received some very uplifting emails that have made my day......made me happy and made me surprised. They are from "friends" I just haven't "met" yet. They are from people that in whatever way, (the Universe does nothing by accident), seemed to have stumbled across my blog, read it and then took that special extra step to email me a note. And yes....it is SPECIAL to me. I have NO idea, who reads my blog, except for those who have signed up as followers, so to receive an email from someone who follows, but I don't know follows, is such great feedback and I truly truly appreciate it. Diane, if you are reading this, you are on my "to-do" list, as I felt an instant connection to you when reading your email and I will be writing you back soon. If you happened to come across this blog and felt it helpful in any way, you have my blanket permission to share the blog address with anyone you know who is battling this disease, or any cancer really. Caretakers of cancer patients may also find it somewhat helpful and I know my family members who held my hand every step of the way, are also open to any emails or notes if they can be of any help to anyone. Share my blog in support groups, with a therapist, or place a link to it, on any web page you may have or go to frequently, like Facebook, My Space, or a special interest group you may belong to etc, or with anyone you think may reap even a little bit of support. That's why I decided to "put it all out there". The way I look at it, is I (along with many many others) am just one of many tools to assist in the battle against cancer. Support is crucial, no matter where it comes from. If you or anyone you know, has any questions that I can help with, don't hesitate to email. If you just want to talk, vent, scream, yell or share the mini miracles that happen to us, you are not "bothering" me at all, it's actually the opposite.....I receive joy from and get a lift from hearing from you. We are ALL in this together......this battle....this war and the more "tools" we have in our arsenal, the better equipped we will be. If you do follow this blog or even check in time and again, please sign up as a follower (I think it's at the bottom of the page, but I'm not totally sure.....but I know it's on there somewhere), just so I can get a better feel of "who" I am talking to. Thank you for being there for me and spreading joy, there's just not enough of it out there, and it doesn't cost a cent to make someone happy and surprised. You'd be amazed, and of course, we all know what comes around, goes around.

4 comments:

Susan said...

a little quote I read the other day.."Life isn't about how to survive the storm,but how to dance in the rain"...enjoy your day..enjoy reading about your thoughts and feelings...you're doing ok..

Kim, denese and kd dog said...

Jan,

I hope you remember us. My husband, Kim, was diagnosed on 10-23-08 with MM. He finished his 2nd SCT on 3/8 and is ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. Your blog was literally the first I came across back in October and has helped us so very very much. I have shared your blog with other MM patients we've met while going through our journey and we ALL thank you for sharing. You have OUR blog address and hope you read it occasionally also. I check your blog pretty much daily and love reading your thoughts and this journey through what we all know is "Hell" somedays. Stay strong, you are our hero!!!
denese P

Anonymous said...

^^^ That right there is SO nice to hear.
xoxo, Pepper

Anonymous said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working ,great job!.