Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Day "Off".....OK.....Not Really

Today is May 14th and is called my "OFF" day. Basically that means they are giving my body a rest between receiving the 2 days of Chemotherapy and then the receiving back of my frozen little baby stem cells (awwwwwwwwwwww......aren't they cute?....Lordy I hope so :) ) But.....thanks to me, yeah ME....it was no "day off" at all. The day off did include going to the BMT clinic to check my bloodwork and examine me to see if I tolerated chemo well but it originally DID NOT include having an MRI on my head and neck until I did a Cirque de Soliel move in the shower the evening of the 13th! Can you believe that? I was really doing ok in the shower until I leaned my head back to shampoo my hair (that's NO PROBLEM now.....no hair...no shampoo.......hee hee) and down I went like a ton of bricks. And then......guess what? I stood up after the fall.....threw my head back again to wash my hair and BOOM....down again! Now, one would think, after falling in a tub TWICE, that one would learn a lesson....but ohhhhhh nooooooooooo......can you actually believe I did it one more time? Well the 3rd time was a charm because Mom and Kate heard me yell out that time.....they hadn't stayed IN the bathroom with me because I wasn't weak or anything yet and and we all thought that it was safe but after that night I was NEVER allowed to shower alone again!! We told my doctor what happened and she ordered an MRI of my spine and skull but all turned out well. Do I know how to liven things up or what? I can't believe that I really did it 3 times, so I'm going to blame that on Chemo Brain and let it go at that. Well, tomorrow I reap the benefits of those 3 apheresis days and get my new bone marrow stem cells....I'm excited....God I hope this treatment works and extends my life as I still have so much more left to do. I'm really positive and hopeful it will. More later.....Peace out!

No comments: