Tuesday, March 31, 2009

4th Dose of Chemo Tonite......

It's been 3 nites that I have taken the Revlamid an Coumadin and this Friday will be when I add the Dex. So far, in 3 days I have noticed a slight change in my taste buds, a slight numbness in my lips and the thought of food kinda skeeves me out! How I could tell about the taste buds as that I am addicted to Starbucks Vanilla Frappacino, the kind you can buy at the grocery store. You can also but it at Starbucks, but I usually just pick it up when doing my regular grocery shopping. I opened one up today and took about 3 sips and thought " they must have messed up this batch as it tastes watered down. So I opened another and WAA LAAAAAAAAAAA......watered down too. I remember the first time around I stopped buying Starbucks because they tasted gross and switched to just water (saved me money! LOL) as water seemed to be the only thing that quenched my thirst and believe me I drank gallons!! At lease lost of water helps with flushing out kidneys etc. so I really didn't miss the Frappacino. Yesterday I noticed a slight tingly felling in upper and lower lips, so we'll see where that leads us. And lastly, I had planned to make a pasta dish tonite for dinner, but when I got the ingredients out it was just gross. No other way to describe it. So I put those back and thought...."what can I eat that's bland, plain and simple. So I toasted a bagel and put some peanut butter on it, and here it sits, but I promise I'll gag it down if I have to, as I'm up to 106 lbs. and I'll be damned (if I can help it) to get back to a lowly 93 lbs. So all of this happening on just 3 days of chemo has me concerned, but I'll see where it takes me. Meanwhile....Let's Eat and Cheers.......

1 comment:

Susan said...

Prayers with you and I think about you often...hang in there...xoxo