Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Helen Keller......

While reading some things the other day,I came across a quote by Helen Keller. Now, I don't think ANYONE would argue that this woman is the epitome of determination. The quote from her reads: " Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved." Wow.....if only I could be so profound! This quote really stopped me in my tracks and caused me to think very deeply (ouch.....my brain hurts cuz I got no hair to cushion it!) So I get to thinking, dangerous I know, that each and every one of us must be so dang strong because all of us in our own ways have lived through trials and suffering. Some really really BIG stuff and some not so big, but none the less has caused a blip in our lives as a lesson for us, big or small. Is it to appreciate good health? Is it to learn to blow off the little daily irritations? Is it to enjoy family and friends? We each have our own lessons to learn, some we have to learn all by ourselves, and others we learn in the company of others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that quote...I have a very unmotivated, complaining, lazy ,self absorbed patient ..who upsets me terribly..She also killed my back with a transfer..Any way i just told her like it is and I cant help her unless she is willing to give also...Im going to share the quote with her tomorrow and it hopes we can work together and make some postive moves towards healing physically and mentally..God knows she is such a challenge for me...I honestly have had no one like her...But your quote was an insiration..thanks to Helen too..