Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Graduation Party......

Last weekend Lindsay's Dad, Kevin, threw her a "Graduation from University of Florida" Party. Here's where I say>>>GO GATORS! It was a quick trip for Mom and I since we didn't leave till Sat. morning, got there about noon, hung out at Kate's where I saw Bonnie, who I hadn't seen in quite some time (good to see you Bon..you look great!), and then got dressed and headed to Kevin's house for the big shindig. Kevin and Ashley did an awesome job decorating the house and patio, all with the good ole Orange and Blue and there, of course, was tons of food and anything you could have possibly wanted to drink. There were lots of people there.......some I knew and some I didn't. I have to say I haven't been to a party in quite some time, and I had such a GREAT time. The best part was seeing people I hadn't seen in almost 20 years!! Everyone looked good and I was just the social butterfly flitted from one person to the next and playing catch-up with all these people I used to hang out with all the time. My favorite person to see, who I hadn't seen in so long, was my friend Colleen. Colleen, you look exactly like you did the day we met so long ago and I was so happy to see you and Chrystal. Colleen and I go way back to when the kids were about 2 or so....Linz wasn't even born yet and and Colleen is her God-Mother. We lost track in some way and now have reconnected for which I am so grateful. I must say that of all the times we have spent together with and without the kids, that we BOTH have a particular snapshot of a time etched in our memory, was amazing to me. When I started to talk about it, you finished my sentence!! I was surprised, and yet not, in some way, as we always had a spiritual connection too. I also of course, loved seeing my Mother in Law and my 2 nieces Kristy and Pepper along of course with my sis in law, Kathy. She has come to visit me since I've been back from Moffitt and was going to be one of my primary caregivers when we thought I was going to come home sick. Luckily, I didn't need her for that, but always enjoy her company and visits. All in all, everyone had a great time and I can't believe my baby is graduating. More on that and "The Move" later when I am out of denial :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there...Im praying for you that the your platlet levels go back to normal. I know your journey has so many ups and downs..I think God has been bombarded with prayers for you...so you are on the top of the list!.Again..it was great to spend time with you..it was like we had never been apart and I too cant believe that we both have such a vivid recall of a conversation 20 years ago...amazing ...You are always in my thoughts...Love you!