Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finishing Up Loose Ends.....

Today will be spent tying up loose ends, regardless of how I feel. I have always been the kind of person that does things when they say they will and a pretty much punctual person, yet my time management skills since transplant, have left something to be desired and then coupled with what has truly been a packed schedule, I feel that I am "under the gun" so to speak. My priority today is to complete all my custom orders and get them out in the mail tomorrow. Generally, when I take a custom order, I ask for 7-10 days to complete. What happened this time was that I had 3 shows in a row, then was home only 4 days, then away on cruise for 8, and now just home for a week, but then Thanksgiving and a horrid fever- running cold, so TODAY no matter what, I am finishing up to get this off my plate and deliver the goodies to my customers, so then I can begin the next task of getting the tree up and focus on Christmas, which is here this year. We are having a "cold snap" again this week, unusual for us Floridians that our cold weather lasts more than a day or 2, but while we were cruising, here at home it was cold the entire week, and now again we are cold for another week. YAY! When I got up to get the paper about 7:30 this morning, if I didn't know better, I would have sworn it snowed here last night!! We did have a rare "freeze warning" so it got so cold, that my neighbors entire roof and front yard was pure white, like it had snowed! Really pretty! When I got the paper it was a nippy 43 degrees. I'm sure for northerners reading this you're thinking "WHAT?!?!...that's spring weather" but for us down south, it's pretty nippy and time to start the fires and get some hot chocolate going on! So after today, I'll begin concentrating on the Holiday "stuff" to do......like I said for the 1st time in 2 years, if will be here as in the past, Kate and I would alternate holidays and take turns with Thanksgiving & Christmas, but because of my cancer issues, she was gracious enough to host it for the last 2 years, and I did not decorate, which broke my heart, so even though it's alot of work, I am really looking forward to decorating, baking, and putting up our 13 ft tree! Well, "times-a-wastin" (wink wink).....so off to wrap things up. I'll be posting some cruise photos with my next entry, so get ready for adventures on the "high seas" :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

i'll be waiting for your pics...