Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just Checkin' In......

Hey everyone, how's it going for you? I have had a pretty busy week, so that's why no posts since last week. Last weekend the family went to Gainesville to see Lindsay graduate from the University of Florida. YAY!!! The ceremony was beautiful, Linz looked gorgeous, and a great time was had by all. After the ceremony, we all went out to eat at this Asian Fusion restaurant and I had the best shrimp thing for dinner. I'd like some right now actually! I've been watching the Olympics, but of course the one sport I love to watch has been relegated to starting around 1:00 AM, and that's of course, softball, so I've been taping and watching it the next day. I've also decided to make the big jump into starting my own jewelry business, since my bead making endeavor has been going really well. I get compliments when I wear my stuff and I made some things for my sister and her friend Steph, and they also tell me they are getting compliments. I'm gonna start small and go to a Arts/Crafts Festival locally and see how well the "public" likes my things, and then go from there. Kind of a riot huh, that I am only 9 weeks out from a bone marrow transplant, really not knowing if I'll live or die from this dreaded cancer, and here I am hoping to start my own business. What a hoot I am! I wonder what I think sometimes! Kate said she sees it as very life affirming and positive, so I'm gonna go with that! I'll take some photos soon and post them and I'd like your feedback too. Be honest.....you won't hurt my feelings :) So that's why I've been pretty busy this week, getting ready for the show and being out of town. I had an appt yesterday with the doc's office......didn't see him, that's next week....just did the blood thing with of course my favorite person, Tonya, and guess what?? The ole platelets have moved up again, so all's still looking pretty good. The whites and reds are still a wee bit below normal, but hey, I'm still recovering and we'll give them time. They are just below the normal range though, so nothing to get excited about. Guess that's it for now. Talk to you in a few days!

No comments: