Sunday, April 27, 2008

The CT Guided Biopsy.......

This entry will be short and sweet! Mom, of course, drove me to the hospital for the "procedure". I love when doctors use that term. It was a typical outpatient experience really, but they didn't want to put me out because they wanted to be able to talk to me while going through the biopsy, so I received a short acting but strong pain medication and that wonderful drug that makes you a little dreamy,versed. They could give me additional medication as needed throughout the procedure and they were continually asking "are you doing ok? or "did you feel that?". It was just fine for me actually. I was pretty nervous before I went in, but once I got in the actual room, got my drugs and the doctor explained the procedure, all was well. I was in there about an hour and they got enough of the tissue they needed to determine what kind of cancer and I had and that was that! So, now begins the dreaded waiting.......

No comments: