Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chemo Day 5.....

Actually I've only taken it 4 days, as I take it before bed, so that's just 4 doses so far. I was on this same med, same dosage, for 14 months prior to my BMT with relatively few side effects. Lots of fatigue......really thirsty.....appetite change which made me lose weight and taste buds changed but I could handle all of that. I woke up this morning really thirsty and downed 1/2 a bottled water right away. Just guzzled it. My morning coffee tasted weird.....my starbucks frappacino which I love, tasted watered down and I put it back. I also woke up with 3 blisters on my lower lip with a 4th one starting . I put blistex on it to keep it moist with plans to call Dr. Nair tomorrow. Reason I didn't call him today is I was on the computer all day as my laptops been acting weird (real slow) and that's before this worm thing! And I didn't know it was gonna take all dang day to fix it! Problem is Revlamid DOES NOT cause blisters but neutropenia does (which you get from chemo when the chemo makes you blood cell count too low. And now....on top of that....I felt a little weird about 15 minutes ago, so I took my temp and it was 103! No adult should run a fever that high. So I took 600 mg of Ibuprofen (can't take aspirin as I am already on coumadin and I don't want to bleed out.) I feel myself being weird right now (feverish) so wanted to get this entry in before I go to sleep or something bad happens. I'll call doc tomorrow so I just hope I get thru the nite ok and it's not my kidneys or something else. Not calling Mom or my sis, because what would they be able to do and it would just make them worry. And if I call Dr. answering servide, he'll tell me to go straight to the hospital, which I'll probably end up doing tomorrow anyway, if I don't stop the fever. I'd rather sleep in my bed tonite. I'll take my temp again in about an hour to see if the ibuprofen kicked in, but somethin is causing the temp, so sort of infection I presume or it may just be the low white blood cells. Will find out one way or another tomorrow. SHIT SHIT SHIT>>>>>>I am sooooooo sick of this shit. Only 4 days and all these symptoms already? Love you guys....and good nite.

3 comments:

Susan said...

So sorry to hear that you are having all these problems already. Hope your fever goes and they can help you with the blisters. Keep me updated...

Kim, denese and kd dog said...

Jan,
haven't heard from you for a few days--hope all is okay.

Anonymous said...

Jan,
Just checking in to see how you're feeling after the fever and feeling so shitty... I will check you on email or FB also...
xoxo, love
Pepper