Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Week After Discharge from Hospital....

This week has been pretty rough.......for all of us. I am still dealing with the Mucositis, which means the nausea, throwing up and diarrhea continues, just not as severe or as frequent as it had been in the hospital. Poor Mom and Kate are still having to wake themselves up twice in the middle of the nite to give me my medication that helps to control all of these symptoms. They are still helping me into and out of the bathroom for my "episodes". For the first 3 days back at the apartment I was so weak it took great effort to walk out to the car, and when we got to Moffitt, I needed a wheelchair as I couldn't walk to the 4th floor BMT clinic. My weight has also dropped from the 110 lbs. on Thurs. the 29th to 105 on Fri. May 30th to 101.2 on Saturday the 31st of May. I also required 8 hour IV drips through my central line because my electrolytes were still doing the "hokey-pokey". The next 4 days though showed some slow but sure improvements as I was only on the IV drips for 4 to 6 hours at a time rather than the 8 hours and I was able to walk to the BMT clinic rather than use a wheelchair. YAY...... My medications for the mucositis was decreased so Mom and Kate were getting up once in the middle of the nite , rather than twice. My appetite was still pretty sucky, but I tried and tried to eat to no avail. It's so hard to eat when you aren't hungry or feel nauseous. At the end of the first week home from the hospital the Date was Tuesday June 3rd and my weight was 101 lbs. I'm getting better and that's what you focus on.....the improvements day by day.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I Love you Jan and am sorry for your suffering. I am praying it will get better soon. Know my heart is with you and your family. You have a great family and that is what you deserve.All My Luv